In the past 2 years the focus on online sales has increased significantly. Many businesses have noticed that there are some shortcomings in this area and their focus needs to pivot accordingly for a fully rounded customer experience.
In addition to a good product and good marketing, it takes a lot more to create ideal conditions for good and efficient online sales.
How to start?
We created a checklist for you to use.
- Online Shop
- Is the customer experience good?
- How easy is it to find a product?
- How simple is the checkout process?
- How fast (PageSpeed) is the website?
- Is it SEO optimized?
- Do I track everything critical?
- Do I already use 1st party data instead of 3rd party in tracking?
- Search engine optimization
- Do I know what my customers are looking for?
- Are all relevant keywords on my website?
- Have I integrated SEO measures on top of that? If YES, which ones?
Social Media, CRM, Marketing
- Know Your Customer
- What do I know about my customers?
- Why do they love my products?
- Where do I reach my customers? (On which channels, when?)
- Which personality types prefer to buy than others?
- What is important to these personality types?
- Social Media
- Am I well represented in the media relevant to my product and my customers?
- How well is the interaction with my customers, or my customers with the product?
- Do I contemplate suggestions for improvements to the product and/or service from the community?
- Return Customer
- How high is my customer churn? If high, do I know why?
- How good is my database of regular customers and how satisfied are my regular customers?
- Am I reaching my regular customers on the channels they want? (Newsletter, social media, phone?) – and they me?
- How measurable are my marketing activities?
- Do I know my overall marketing performance?
- Am I already doing personality type optimized performance marketing?
- How quickly does feedback from performance marketing flow into my product development?
- Are my goals clearly defined and am I achieving them?
Everyone should ask themselves these 25 questions to see WHERE they stand in the world of online sales.